UI Artist – Star Wars
Art & Animation (Brighton-UK)
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for UI Artist to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You will be responsible for interface design for different sections of the meta, and the implementation of the network of screens /menu graphics, to ensure a positive and intuitive player experience as possible. You will conceptualize and design industry-leading graphics, while working as part of a dedicated games team to provide high quality implementation of the User Interface. You will also have an opportunity to push and share your skills, learn from experienced peers and collaborate with Designers and Concept artists
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Produce User Interface designs for all areas of the game
- Produce high quality mock-ups of the UI pages
- Create Icon art work
- Prototyping UI functionality
- Technical implementation as per design
- Asset management
- Assist in scheduling
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Able to take direction and constructive criticism
- Adaptable and enthusiastic
- Proactively helps identify tasks and issues
Required Skills & Experience
- An outstanding portfolio which showcases your knowledge of UI design
- Experience working as an UI Artist
- Good working knowledge of games and the games industry, particularly social and mobile games
- Demonstrated experience with console and/ or IOS / Android platform development
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- Solid graphic design skills
- Can iterate documents that convey clear and complete user/data flows prior to development. Using Visio or similar layout tools
- Passionate about, and have good knowledge of UI design, art and culture
- Ability to create high quality assets and screens in the required timeframe
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail, good work estimation
- Passionate about making games
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience of social game development
- Strong illustration skills
- Experience of UI mock-up software (Marvel or XD)
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.