Sr. Director, International Controller
Legal, Finance & Operations (London-UK)
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our at NaturalMotion Games studio in London, renowned for making games that wow people. For the past four years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, you will serve as a liaison between our corporate headquarters and international operations. Responsible for providing financial and accounting leadership, oversight and expertise for Zynga’s international subsidiaries in Europe (UK, Finland, Ireland and Turkey), India and China, you will lead a team based across multiple countries and act as the point of contact for local business on all accounting matters.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Oversee the accounting close and financial reporting processes for Zynga’s international subsidiaries; ensure accuracy and completeness of the general ledger and manage all month-end closing activities, including financial analysis and account reconciliations
- Proactively seek to improve financial reporting processes across international subsidiaries and implement best-in-class solutions for scale and maturity
- Lead by example in developing, motivating, attracting and retaining a highly effective international accounting team and inspire change and collaboration
- Participate in due diligence process for international M&A, including review of merger agreements
- Drive financial integration for acquired subsidiaries, including operational setup and support (banking, payroll, etc.) and implementing financial reporting processes and controls in compliance with Zynga policies and best practices
- Design, implement and maintain internal control processes in accordance with SOX
- Act as a strategic partner and trusted advisor to business leaders on all financial matters related to Zynga’s international operations
- Assist cross functional teams such as HR, Legal, Tax, Treasury and Game Studios on joint initiatives
- Ensure compliance with all applicable policies, rules, regulations and laws and ensure all statutory reporting and filing requirements are met
Required Skills & Experience
- Chartered Accountant (ACA/ACCA) or CPA
- Experience in Accounting, including management level responsibilities. Previous high functioning line and team management
- Knowledge and experience in IFRS and US GAAP
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and ability to work with detail
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of honesty and integrity
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, able to communicate complex technical concepts and risk factors to key stakeholders and influence decision making
- Ability to prioritise business needs, adapt to rapid business changes, meet tight deadlines, and communicate effectively across the organization
- Able to deploy empathic stakeholder management with teams crossing borders, cultures, and workstyles
Desirable Skills & Experience
- International Accounting experience
- Public company and SOX experience
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.