Server Engineer – Star Wars IP
Engineering (London, London)
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group is a BAFTA-nominated team developing an incredible new Star Wars™ game, running live operations on Dawn of Titans and developing a third unannounced game, all from our London studio.
We are a tight-knit team, with a sociable culture and a strong team identity whilst being able to experience all the benefits that come from being part of NaturalMotion and Zynga. The team crafts world-leading, mid-core games on a foundation of trust and camaraderie.
In 2018, 2019 and 2020 NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Server Engineer to join our world-class team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for large-scale high-availability systems, a devotion to software craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work seen by tens of millions of people worldwide
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- 2+ years of professional experience in software development for mobile and/or web applications
- Able to work collaboratively with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify needs, evaluate requirements, and implement sophisticated software solutions
- Writes well designed, efficient and testable code with one or more Object Oriented languages (Java, Go, PHP 7, Python are some of the languages we use) and their associated frameworks
- Able to work on multi-day tasks and is aware of the tech plan for the ASG server team
- Able to communicate with key partners and colleagues
- Familiar with Source Control such as Git, Svn, Perforce
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Experience of developing web and mobile applications on scalable microservices architecture
- You should be familiar with automation and CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with the AWS stack (EC2, CloudWatch, ECR, ECS) and working with containerised workloads
- Excellent problem solving and strong interpersonal skills – you should be able to demonstrate your ability to solve complex technical problems
Nice to haves:
- Do you have experience working in the games industry?
- Do you have a passion for strategy games?
- Proficiency in Linux
- Have you deployed Micro-services using containerised orchestration tools?
- Interest in infrastructure deployment and monitoring
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.