Senior UI Artist – Racing
Art & Animation (Birmingham-UK, London-UK)
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past five years NaturalMotion Studios have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our Racing Studio - responsible for the CSR Racing franchise and the #1 Racing Game on Mobile CSR2 - is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. Based across three locations – London, Birmingham and Bangalore - the team loves welcoming diverse, humble, straightforward and ambitious talent, aspiring for award-winning excellence. People who want to find a place where they will be supported and encouraged to do the best work of their career.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
NaturalMotion seeks a Senior UI Artist to drive forwards the ongoing development, visual style and workflow for our future games. You will work alongside the art, design and tech leads on the project to maintain, evolve and improve the interface for the #1 drag racing game worldwide. You will have the opportunity to develop your expertise and share your experience across the company to increase the quality of the suite of titles we are developing.
Working with the art, design, marketing and tech leads you will follow and develop a clear and consistent visual language to give the player the best possible experience whilst staying true to the established brand.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the design team to ensure the creative vision is accurately depicted in their delivery of assets and provides expert insight and feedback on existing and in-development features
- Ensures that all planning of work is effective, clearly communicated and realistic in its ambition and production dependencies
- Alongside the other members of the UI team, you will deliver interface elements from both a creative and technical standpoint. The Senior UI Artist is responsible for all stages of the development of interface – from early whitebox prototypes, through to final visuals, motion graphics and marketing support
- Work directly with feature teams to provide the required high fidelity assets along with clean and efficient implementation work directly in the game engine, being careful to stick to budgets and platform constraints
- Provide expert critical feedback for less experienced team members, offers support and mentorship to raise the quality of execution across the discipline
- Presents and communicates work clearly and concisely to all levels of the team, both sideways and upwards. Represents the team as champion of the discipline, sharing inspiration from other media and critical analysis of what is best and worst in class
Required Experience & Skills
- Excellent visual development skills with a keen understanding of composition and design for maximum legibility across a wide range of devices
- Able to create and maintain the visual identity of the user interface, whilst ensuring a clear and consistent player experience
- Strong iconography and typography skills
- Rapidly iterate interface concepts in line with the game art direction
- Expert skills in Photoshop & Illustrator. Premier and or After Effects a bonus
- Comfortable working up wireframes and pre-vis UI. (Adobe XD, Figma or equivalent)
- Demonstrate the ability to apply motion graphics to an interface to enhance the player experience
- Able to tackle UX issues and resolve friction points
- Technically competent, able to guide and advise workflow improvements
- Track record of shipped titles on either mobile and or console
- Can-do attitude with strong team work skills
- Able to provide clear direction and feedback for other artists
- Good time management and organisational skills
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Unity experience
- Knowledge/experience of accessibility
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players
- around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days holiday, plus Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.