Senior Software Engineer – Racing
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past four years NaturalMotion Studios have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our Racing Studio - responsible for the CSR Racing franchise and the #1 Racing Game on Mobile CSR2 - is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. Based across three locations – London, Birmingham and Bangalore - the team loves welcoming diverse, humble, straightforward and ambitious talent, aspiring for award-winning excellence. People who want to find a place where they will be supported and encouraged to do the best work of their career.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
A unique and exciting opportunity for a Build Engineer has arisen within the CSR Racing development team. You will regularly make use of your strong problem-solving and analytical skills and multi-tasking ability, whilst working in a fast-paced environment, serving as a liaison between operations, engineering, and QA.
This is a great opportunity for someone well versed in the use of C# and Unity to play an integral role in ensuring our game changes are packaged and delivered in a reliable, stable, and efficient manner.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain and build automation scripts to automate code and asset build processes
- Manage releases and deliver iOS and Android builds
- Manage source control branches and manage server-side data branches
- Integrate, track and report changes to the build
- Research ways to improve the software building process
- Produce regular reports and performance metrics related to the build
- Research and develop tools and pipelines for automated testing processes
Required Experience & Skills
- SVN, especially branching, integration and conflict resolution
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Python - to work with existing post-build steps to automatically configure XCode project settings or equivalent scripting languages to automate various parts of the process: archiving, exporting, renaming and copying to various places
- XCode, especially building, archiving, provisioning, distributing builds
- Android build process using Android Studio, Java, JDK, Ant
- Knowledge of Jenkins or equivalent automation servers and tools
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.