Senior Software Engineer – Racing
We are NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. From 2018 to 2022, NaturalMotion Studios has been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are hiring for a Senior Games Engineer with strong passion and expertise in software engineering practices who seeks to contribute ideas and solutions to push the boundaries of development using the Unity games engine, and are passionate about building the best game possible!
Your passion for games development keeps you constantly curious and up to date with the latest evolutions in games development tools and practices.
Your high personal standards ensure you are always striving to deliver clean reusable code and code architectures that you and your team can be proud of. You work well in a team environment. You communicate clearly and effectively, voice your opinions but also listen respectfully to others’ point of view. You are comfortable working on challenges of different sizes and complexity and stay focused on the task at hand.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with other programmers to find optimal architectural, framework and gameplay solutions for our games.
- You will work with the project technical leadership to set the direction of architecture, testability, performance and framework development in Unity.
- Collaboration with multidisciplinary teams to deliver major game features, with a focus on player experience.
- Help our project through its production phase and into a successful live operation while owning several key aspects of the game and the game architecture.
Required Experience and Skills
- Proven expertise utilizing Unity and C# in games.
- Experience of integrating & interacting with online services & APIs.
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, memory/performance optimisation and an interest in developing original, simple solutions to complex problems.
- Experience in developing frameworks and tools in Unity.
- Enjoy flexing your social and collaborative skills!
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Experience with testing frameworks and Test Driven Development.
- An interest in code security and exploit prevention techniques.
- A background in creating data driven systems
- Knowledge of multithreaded & asynchronous programming in C#.
- General knowledge of the newest features and systems in Unity.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary & discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Flexible working hours & hybrid work from home policy
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.