Senior Quality Engineer – Star Wars
QA & Customer Support (London, London)
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group is a BAFTA-nominated team supporting development on an exciting new Star Wars™ game and running live operations on Dawn of Titans.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
Working with the QA Manager for ASG, you will be responsible for evaluating software products through the use of detailed tests to apply and maintain quality standards as well as developing, modifying, and executing software test plans, automating scripts and programs for testing.
You will also analyze and write test standards and procedures, maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. You will analyse those results to ensure existing functionality works as expected, recommending any corrective action; consults with development engineers in resolution of problems; and coordinate automation efforts with Zynga QA Ops.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Develop and maintain test strategies, regression plans, cross-feature plans, and test cases, encompassing manual, non-functional and automation
Build outstanding track record in communicating complicated technical information in a clear and concise manner
Coach and mentor more junior team members
Understand how software architecture influences the amount of testing needed, including optimizing tests that utilizes the same code paths
Maintain and update FAQs, and team wikis including information on team’s process, tools, and scripts
- Build transparency and share knowledge between teams throughout NaturalMotion and Zynga
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience as a QA Engineer
- ISTQB Certified or similar certification
- Clear, concise communicator
- Must be an excellent teammate, working well with others
- Experience in game testing on multiple platforms
- Deep understanding of test and reporting tools, such as JIRA, TestRail, GameBench etc.
- Experience in Agile testing strategies and shift-left approaches
- Collaborates with multiple teams and other fields to develop an effective automation strategy and tooling for the team
- Experience with one or more of Java, C, C++, C#, Python, PHP, and familiarity with compiler/build environments
- Experience with automation tools like Selenium, Appium, Cucumber/Gherkin or other industry standard tools
- Practical knowledge of video games
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with Unreal/Unity or other gaming engines
- Prior experience with non-functional testing (such as performance, compatibility etc)
- Experience with Technical Testing for e.g. PACT/Handshake Testing
- Good working SQL knowledge
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.