Senior QA Analyst
QA & Customer Support (Birmingham, United Kingdom)
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our Racing Studio – responsible for the CSR Racing franchise and the #1 Racing Game on Mobile CSR2 – is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. Based across three locations – London, Birmingham and Bangalore – the team loves welcoming diverse, humble, straightforward and ambitious talent, aspiring for award-winning excellence. People who want to find a place where they will be supported and encouraged to do the best work of their career.
Working with the QA Manager for our Racing team, you will be responsible for evaluating software products through the use of detailed tests to apply and maintain quality standards as well as developing, modifying, and executing software test plans, automating scripts and programs for testing.
You will also analyse and write test standards and procedures, maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analysing those results to ensure existing functionality works as expected, recommending any corrective action; consults with development engineers in resolution of problems; and coordinates automation efforts with Zynga QA Ops.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain test strategies, regression plans, cross-feature plans, and test cases, encompassing manual, non-functional and automation.
- Build outstanding track record in communicating complicated technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Coach and mentor more junior team members
- Understand how software architecture influences the amount of testing needed, including optimizing tests that utilizes the same code paths.
- Maintain and update FAQs, and team wikis including information on team’s process, tools, and scripts
- At least 3-4 years experience working in a QA role, ideally working in mobile app or games development environment.
- Exposure working with feature owners & project managers collecting feature requirements & defining acceptance criteria for new features
- Experienced with test design analysing and prioritising testing per feature – requirements > acceptance criteria > test scenarios
- Happy to help establish QA processes in a fast paced environment
- Participated in Agile ceremonies & advocate for quality with your scrum team
- Ability to voice what QA needs to ensure end to end testing can happen effectively
- Partaking in both manual & automation testing practices for new features & regression
- Creation of test cases (manual) to ensure good test coverage and regression suite for various different test layers – API, telemetry & UI
- Natural inquisitiveness to test beyond a plan
- Exposure to web request/API testing (Jmeter, Charles Proxy or Postman)
- Console or PC/Mac technical testing experience using dev kits
- Have a prior background or experience in testing of some or all the following technical areas: game design, art, graphics, data/analytics, performance, networking, security, platform compliance, agile testing
- Ability to adapt to new priorities and challenges and willing to learn new technology & tools
- Working with various of disciplines to assist with gathering & defining feature requirements
- QA planning & reporting experience to manage & communicate to reduce risks during STLC
- Experience with Unreal/Unity or other gaming engines
- BDD experience
- Someone with test automation experience
- Knowledge of SQL for writing complex queries to verify data
- Exposure to compliance testing & release management for a particular platform
- Experience with test script creation using C# with SpecFlow and the Screenplay pattern
- Strong working knowledge of test tools and reporting, such as JIRA & TestRail
- Extensive experience collaborating with offsite and/or outsourced QA teams, ideally at a development studio
- Exposure to source control systems (such as Git, SVN, Perforce)
- Knowledge of using Docker & testing against both containerised and hosted APIs and services
- Any live ops/customer support experience
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status