Senior QA Analyst – Racing
Quality Assurance (Brighton-UK, London-UK)
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past four years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for Senior QA Analyst to join us in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
This role offers an opportunity to work with an incredible team to build the next success story in mobile gaming. We are looking for someone who is diligent and driven to create the best possible experience for our players. You will build, maintain, and share a body of expertise concerning all aspects of the project, helping your colleagues towards a deeper understanding of the systems and concepts they are testing.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Work as part of an embedded QA team, alongside Engineers, Artists, and Designers
- Works with outsource QA teams to achieve phenomenal results, including detailing, mentoring where appropriate and fielding questions
- Contributes toward test suite creation and maintenance
- Speaks as QA representative with production, engineering, design and partner teams
- Will be delegated areas of QA that require independent analysis to assess potential test approaches
- Executes tests on an ad-hoc basis as required by the project’s needs
- Assists in the tracking of quality metrics to continuously assess and refine working processes and practice. Speaks up if they think change is needed
- Proposes additional debug functionality and other tooling support that would support and empower QA
- Investigates prospective tools and evaluates what they can offer. Skill shares with peers for any tool that is adopted
- Highlights past mistakes in a constructive way, and collaborates to understand the why then work to improve for the future. Where vital share improvements with other teams
- Helps ensure a positive, professional, and collaborative team environment is maintained within and between fields and teams
Required Skills & Experience
- Experienced Tester who can craft their own tests and iterate on them
- Understanding of QA processes and testing terminology
- Familiarity with mobile software/games development lifecycles and methodology
- Experience reviewing and writing test cases, and providing feedback to peers
- Understanding of client/server testing and the importance of metadata
- Familiar with source control solutions such as Perforce, GIT or SVN
- Familiar with build management tools, such as Jenkins or Pulse
- Familiar with industry-standard bug reporting software such as JIRA or Hansoft
- Good communication skills including in cross-discipline conversations
- Ability to work closely with production teams
- Ability to estimate and manage own time
- Ability to perform risk and root cause analysis
- Experience creating QA documentation
- Understanding of the mobile market and the challenges of mobile hardware
- Passion and desire to learn
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Experience in live operations
- Familiarity with development tools such as Unity or Unreal, Xcode, the Android SDK, etc
- Experience working with best practice groups or central QA structures
- Experience working with Test Rail or similar TCM systems
- Ability to read code, data and scripting information
- Knowledge of coding in at least one but preferably multiple languages i.e. C, C++, C#, Java, Ruby etc
- Test automation experience
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.