Senior Product Manager – Star Wars IP
Product Management (Brighton, East Sussex)
We are BossAlien, an award-winning developer of mobile games based in Brighton, UK (with a brand-new game development studio in Austin, TX) and part of the NaturalMotion/Zynga family of game studios.
Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling game experiences to mobile platforms. Since 2018, 2019 & 2020 NaturalMotion and BossAlien have been named some of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are currently developing a premiere mobile action game set in the Star Wars universe and are looking for exceptional candidates to join us.
This is a rare and unique opportunity to build a landmark title that will engage with millions of players daily, and to make your mark on a brand-new franchise in the Star Wars universe and the future of gaming.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Product Manager to join the team and help craft Zynga’s next blockbuster mobile game. You will use a combination of excellent analytical abilities, business discernment, and critical thinking to innovate and build extraordinary experiences that will impact our players’ lives. You will have a consistent record of owning and delivering experiences to players that raise-the-bar from an innovation, usability, and design perspective whilst thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team (Design, Art, Programming & Analytics) to design, scope and implement core features that result in an outstanding gameplay experience for our players and positively inflect metrics.
- Support the leadership team in defining and iterating upon the game’s business strategy to build a robust product roadmap for development and post-launch live operations.
- Drive user and competitive research, driving the usage of core innovative game technology, and ensure that product decisions are based on in-depth data analysis and an understanding of the market.
- Effectively champion product vision & strategy, monitor product progression through completion of milestones and partner with other parts of the organization including Central Analytics and Product Marketing.
- Build knowledge and understanding of data driven insights within the rest of the team through regular communication and the creation of meaningful dashboards and reports.
- Be a player champion!
Required skills & experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of Product Management experience in free-to-play game development with a proven track record in managing live operations
- Ability to create wire-frames, product specifications and white papers
- Exceptional data analysis skills coupled with advanced Excel and SQL proficiency
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive staff
- Strong passion for games, creating fun, compelling and addictive user experiences
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
- Previous experience with new game development through to worldwide launch is a plus as well as experience with shipping/managing games on multiple platforms
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of competitive action/shooter games
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.