Production (Brighton, East Sussex)
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family of game studios. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling game experiences to mobile platforms.
NaturalMotion has been consistently named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK by gamesindustry.biz, and was named Best Large Company in the UK in 2020. Join us!
Summary and Purpose
As a Senior Producer at BossAlien you will be the driving force within teams, taking ownership for planning and execution across multiple teams to achieve the highest quality, new and premiere mobile shooter set in the Star Wars universe.
You will empower teams to deliver an outstanding game at high quality, on budget and on time. You will champion development process improvements through team retrospectives and feedback.
As an excellent facilitator, you will run team planning, retrospectives, product review meetings and more to make sure that all teams have clear long-term goals and short-term focus. An encouraging leader for the team, helping developers get to a shared understanding of the goals and work and removing obstacles along the way.
Your remit will include risk assessment and risk mitigation planning. Core to the role is also proactively resolving to identify and resolving dependencies and communicating the production status, plans, risk mitigation, and development metrics back to the team and to studio leadership.
You are able to react and take decisions quickly and independently and you will set a great leadership example to the rest of the team.
This is a senior production role that will report directly to Lead Producer.
- PLANNING AND EXECUTION: working with design, product management, feature teams, leadership, and partner teams, you will ensure clarity of the team’s goals, work with stakeholders and the team to set backlog priorities, ensure ownership of these goals in the team, build long term and short term plans and communicate to all key partners.
- COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP: facilitate and ensure great communication between disciplines, teams and individuals, both written, verbal and visual. This includes transparent progres, status and risk reporting, as well as quantitative production delivery metrics. You will be adept at keeping everyone in sync with plans, and changes to the plans as they happen. Provide clarity of vision and direction to individuals and teams and ensure clear ownership of problem-solving and feature development.
- RELEASE MANAGEMENT: Ensure high-quality releases, working with QA, Development, Design, Art, Product, and other teams to ensure our internal and external releases are well defined, clearly communicated, high quality and meet all requirements.
- PROCESS IMPROVEMENT: Craft the right process for the right teams and problems. Constantly Iterate on these solutions through team retrospectives and feedback to find the best way for delivering the game updates effectively and thoroughly through all stages from Concept Prototype to Live.
Your Experience and Skills
- A Senior Producer with full production cycle experience from Concept Prototyping to Launch and Live Operations
- Highly capable and experienced in a variety of development methodologies including Agile SCRUM, Kanban, team management, long and short-term project scheduling and execution.
- Experience of project status and risk reporting including executive-level project reporting.
- Experience handling large, multi-disciplinary feature teams developing towards specific deadlines and delivering to world class quality.
- Effective at driving order out of chaos, excellent prioritization and decision making skills, dealing with ambiguity effectively for self and others.
- Establishing and refining team processes, bringing examples of best practice and mentoring to the more junior members of the group.
- Influential through in-person and written communication channels. Effective in one-to-one as well as one-to-many communication. Effective team collaborator and meeting facilitator.
- Experience with distributed or external development teams on AAA-class games is highly beneficial
- Experience in the development of games based on external IP and direct communication with external IP/brand holders is highly helpful
- Knowledge and practical experience of production team management using one of the scalable agile methodologies (Large Scale Scrum, Nexus, SAFe and others)
- PMP understanding is beneficial
- Mobile game development experience is preferred.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.