Senior Gameplay & UX Engineer – Star Wars
Engineering (London, London)
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group is a BAFTA-nominated team supporting development on an exciting new Star Wars™ game and running live operations on Dawn of Titans.
We are looking for a Gameplay and UX Engineer, at experienced or senior level, who excels at bringing other people’s ideas to life, and who proactively contributes ideas and solutions. We have small and agile teams, so you will thrive working in these environments as we grow.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- You will create and iterate on gameplay and UI systems to improve the player experience
- Collaborating with multiple disciplines, you will find technical solutions and approaches catering to each project’s particular needs
- The software you write will be well-designed, adaptable, and testable, for long-term use
- Working within a team, you will conceive and implement new features from the ground up
- You will help to improve the code team’s knowledge and experience through learning and sharing
Required Skill & Experience
- Have developed and released one or more games in Unreal and C++
- You are comfortable working in C++
- Taken titles from pre-production to release, you have experience of every step involved in getting a game shipped
- Comfortable understanding and debugging unfamiliar code in a large project
- Created data driven systems
- Have worked with other disciplines to architect and implement gameplay features or systems
- Strong and comprehensive understanding of coding UI and UX features
- Familiar with design patterns, memory/performance optimisation, and knowledge sharing
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Do you have experience working on action games?
- Are you experienced working with tools development?
- Are you familiar with the particular challenges of developing and running a live game?
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.