Senior Game Data Analyst
Data, Analytics & User Research (Brighton, East Sussex)
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family and our mission is to bring Console-quality action game experiences to Mobile platforms.
As Sr. Analyst, you will collaborate with our diverse team, work with world-class technology and content pipelines, and partner with Zynga’s global analytics community. We will invest in your learning and development, and believe strong analytical partnerships fuel phenomenal games.
Our Analytics Team make a huge impact for our players. Exceptional candidates are driven by the alchemy of combining analytical/technical skills, an eye for business value, and a driving focus on delivering oustanding player experiences.
Keeping the health and safety of our employees top of mind, we are currently operating in a remote working model, however our offices remain open for flexible use. We understand each person’s circumstances are unique, and will work with you on the best way to join our team during this time.
In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion and BossAlien were named some of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help build a landmark title. We look forward to meeting you!
- Deliver compelling insights to influence decisions and roadmaps.
- Analytically tackle problems and deliver robust modelling.
- Communicate convincingly through visual storytelling.
- Design and analyse experiments that advise decisions and help us continue to service the needs of our players.
- Work with peers on end to end data pipelines that empower end users.
- Contribute to the innovative thinking culture that drives our craft.
- Shape and manipulate sophisticated datasets to discover opportunities for driving value for the business.
- Apply creative thinking towards designing, testing, verifying, and implementing solutions.
- Champion our games and studio, and collaborate with analytics teams across Zynga.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- BSc or BA.: Data Science, Math, Statistics, Comp Sci preferred.
- Confident in manipulating, transforming, and analysing complex data at large scales.
- Experience in SQL and Python; excited to learn new languages where needed.
- Familiar with prominent infrastructures: Vertica, Spark, Databricks, others: Redshift, Snowflake, etc.
- Comfortable building out bespoke visuals/tools using open source technology or BI tools, e.g. Tableau.
- Passionate about the craft, and enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
- Comfortable explaining sophisticated ideas clearly and simply.
- Strong balance of business thinking alongside analytical and technical skills
- Excellent attention to detail, natural curiosity, and ability to problem-solve creatively.
- Good influencing skills with partners across teams.
- Proven track record in similar roles, preferably within gaming.
- An interest in the games market.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance.
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world.
- Work in a family-friendly, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job.
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers.
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture.
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere.
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday.
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holiday.
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan.
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance.
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave.
- Annual rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday studio lunch.
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.