Production (Brighton, East Sussex)
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family of game studios. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling game experiences to mobile platforms.
NaturalMotion has been consistently named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK by gamesindustry.biz, and was named Best Large Company in the UK in 2020. Join us!
Summary and Purpose
As a Release Manager at BossAlien you will plan and coordinate all releases, manage the build distribution and submission of our new, premiere mobile action game set in the Star Wars universe.
You will work closely with QA, DevOps, production crews, release engineering and release operations on planning and execution, owning the release management process and continual improvement through the release retrospectives and regular feedback.
You will work on release submission to reviews and to stores in partnership with Release Ops.
You will be adept at risk assessment and risk mitigation planning for all releases. As part of your job you will proactively resolve dependencies and communicate the releases status, plans, risk mitigation back to the team and to studio leadership. The Release Manager reports to the BossAlien Lead Producer.
- Own and Coordinate the Release Management process across all target platforms
- Constantly improve the release process for all types of releases (hotfixes, live ops updates, major updates, internal releases and others)
- Coordinating internal releases
- Managing build distribution internally and to all partners teams
- Submission of the build to reviews and to stores, leveraging Zynga Release Ops as appropriate
- Document and communicate release statuses to the leadership team
- Work closely with the QA team to ensure that each update is being tested in full for compliance and in according to our high quality standards
- Work closely with release engineer and DevOps on every release planning and execution
- Work with Lead producer and Lead LiveOps producer on release planning and execution
Your Experience and Skills
- Experience in GaaS LiveOps releases for mobile or PC/Consoles
- Experience in release coordination within cross functional, large scale teams
- Project Management/Production experience of teams or sub-teams within a complex, cross-discipline environment
- Experience in Perforce and automated build systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert in Jira or other bug tracking software systems
- Problem solver mindset
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status