QA Analyst – Star Wars
Quality Assurance (London-UK)
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past five years NaturalMotion Studios have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are looking for QA Analyst to join us in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You will be core to the processes, release pipelines, and gameplay modes. The policies and standards you edit, build, and improve will be definitive to the player's experience. You will work with the QA Lead and development staff and will be responsible for the project’s quality across all platforms, including planning and executing tests that build confidence and reduce risk. Providing support to internal and external development teams, while ensuring timely delivery of features at quality. Communicating issues with efficiency and transparency.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop new test standards, platform requirements, and QA processes
- Evaluate, adapt and improve existing QA processes.
- Coordinate with test teams on passes for critical quality benchmarks
- Build and update documentation as appropriate
- Distribute game builds to testers, respond to developer requests and needs, and schedule test passes.
- Respond to requests from external partners for builds or testing resources
- Investigate issues with the game and related services, reporting your results to the rest of the team
- To ensure test coverage maintenance, communicate any feature changes upward to QA Leadership throughout the life cycle of the project
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with testing games
- Test planning and execution
- An understanding of development and testing methodologies
- Ability to establish, assess and continually improve QA processes
- Able to self-manage, prioritize, and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Agile practices and processes
- Industry standard game editors
- Industry standard QA tools such as Test Rail, JIRA and Confluence
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays, 2 paid personal days
- 6 months of fully paid maternity/adoption leave or 16 weeks of fully paid paternity leave (eligibility criteria apply)
- Pension plan with a double matching employer contribution (capped at 8%)
- Private medical insurance, dental insurance and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, accident insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Company Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (eligibility criteria apply)
- Fitness Reimbursement plan worth £600 per annum
- Charitable Giving Platform to which the Company contributes a 2:1
- Annual season ticket advance and cycle to work scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.