Product Management Intern – 12 Months
Internships & New Graduate Programs (London-UK)
Start Date: July 2022
Duration: 12 months
Type internship: Undergraduate student (Placement between 2nd and 3rd year)
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021 NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Are you an undergraduate looking for an exciting, challenging and rewarding 12 month internship in the games industry? Then we want to hear from you.
Intro to the role
Product Managers (PMs) blend creative problem solving with analytical understanding to solve business problems. Entertainment meets business.
They sit at the heart of what game teams do, helping to decide what the team should make next, ensure that the right choices are made to maximise the impact features have, and then leading the analysis and improvement of features once they are released to customers. PMs take on a lot of responsibility, and have a big opportunity to shape the game’s success.
PMs are always thinking about the future. With their understanding of the game, the metrics which underpin it’s success (or failure!), and trends from other games, they inform the long term roadmap for the game, maintaining a backlog of features to build, and helping to ensure that the highest impact features get made first.
Every day is different, but some things remain constant – Every day involves working with that team, ranging from planning future work, writing and reviewing feature designs, diving into our data to estimate the impact of features, play testing and reviewing features, and answering questions from their team.
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team (Design, Art, Engineering & Analytics) to design, scope and implement core features that result in an outstanding gameplay experience for our players and positively inflect metrics.
- Understand your players needs and how the data driven decisions to improve their experience positively impact the performance of the business.
- Build knowledge and understanding of data driven insights within the rest of the development team through regular communication via game health and feature performance reporting
- Competitive and user research ensuring that product decisions are based on in-depth data analysis and an understanding of the market.
- Be a player champion!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Academic performance
- Natural curiosity
- Critical/analytical thinking
- Proven leadership capabilities
- A passion for games
- A desire to create winning/lasting products
How to Apply?
Please apply with your CV & covering letter.
Your covering letter should include:
- Why would you like to do an internship with NaturalMotion?
- Why have you chosen this specific internship?
What Do We Offer?
Experience of working hard and achieving targets whilst maintaining a good work life balance
- Paid internship, working on a AAA project with a collaborative team that will share their experience with you
- A mentor during the full duration of your internship
- A diverse team of friendly and supportive co-workers
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Thursday team lunch
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.