Principal Game Audio Programmer – Racing
Engineering (Birmingham, United Kingdom)
We would consider remote workers for this role
Here at NaturalMotion we innovate to create games that wow people, bringing new experiences that push the boundaries of the hardware and we’re looking for an Audio programmer that has the same drive to excel. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and building communities that last for years. In 2018 & 2019 NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz and this is an opportunity to join our AAA team working on a new project to integrate breakthrough audio tech.
We are hiring for a Principal Game Audio Programmer, passionate about solving problems in a collaborative team and engineering robust solutions for the long term.
This is a chance to lead the Audio development on a major project as we enter production, it will require someone who can coordinate across disciplines and with external teams as we push the boundaries of development using Unity, Wwise and proprietary techniques. Experience delivering titles on console or mobile is essential.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with other programmers and audio designers to problem solve, find and influence optimal architectural, framework and gameplay solutions for our games.
- Work with the project technical and creative leadership to set the direction of architecture, testability, performance and framework development in Unity with Wwise.
- Collaborate with other disciplines, internally and externally, to support workflows and deliver to milestones.
- Take the project through the various stages from concept to release and own several key aspects of the game, game architecture and audio experience.
Required Experience and Skills
- Strong understanding of Wwise, audio workflows, tooling and runtimes.
- Proven expertise utilizing Unity and C# in games.
- Experience in developing frameworks and tools within and outside of Unity.
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, memory/performance optimisation
- A background in creating data driven systems.
- Enjoy flexing your social and collaborative skills!
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Experience with Physics and DSP
- Knowledge of multi-threaded programming in C# and C++.
- General knowledge of the newest features and systems in Unity and Wwise.
- Multi-platform and plugin development.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.