Marketing Art Lead – Racing
Marketing & User Acquisition (London, London)
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our at NaturalMotion Games studio in London, renowned for making games that wow people. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are seeking a talented Marketing Art Lead with experience in video development, graphic design and mobile game marketing to join our world class marketing organisation. You will be working on the CSR Racing franchise and the #1 Racing Game on Mobile CSR2
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Art Director, this critical role will be responsible for driving the development of all creative executions required to support the effective and efficient marketing of our games across User Acquisition, App Store Optimization, Social/Community, and Live Ops marketing efforts.
You have a hands-on creative background and an understanding of what it takes to inspire a team of Artists to produce marketing creatives that excite and engage an audience. You are passionate about team collaboration and inclusion, with an ability to communicate cross functionally with other stakeholders. You understand the difference between performance marketing and brand marketing and are comfortable using data to inform creative decisions. You aren’t one to settle for status quo and believe in always striving to raise the bar, producing better quality work and performance!
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with Product Marketing, generate and maintain the ad production cadence and schedule, and develop quarterly high-level creative plans
- Lead a team of Video, Static and 3D Artists to satisfy the demands of an aggressive delivery cadence of ads and assets
- Collaborate with the Art Director to align on a process for constant brainstorming & ideation that become actionable briefs for creative executions.
- Maintain and oversee the Ad creation loop
- Adapt Ad creation process to best suit/support the Marketing Pod’s DNA
- Define & lead the feedback process (internal and external)
- Ensure velocity in process, variety in execution, and volume per cadence
- Lead communication and transparency with the game team and licensor
- Foster and maintain a collaborative and reflexive relationship with the game team
- Keep up to date with what is going on in the game – new assets, new content, new features, new levels, events, etc
- Research and study what themes, ads, and formats are performing within the genre and for our competitors
- Participate in the ASO planning process by contributing creative and product expertise
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience developing and executing video creative
- Expert knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Premiere (expert Photoshop & Design skills are a plus)
- Strong conceptual and visual design skills leading to thoughtful creative executions
- Confident working in an extremely fast-paced environment with multiple projects and quick turn-arounds
- Thorough understanding of consumer-facing ad experiences on social ad platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) and partner ad networks
- Thorough understanding of (or at least a genuine desire to learn) the nuances of creating video assets for the iOS and Google Play storefronts.
- A self-sufficient self-starter with an ability to thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Exceptional communication skills and with a team-first attitude
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience working in the games or mobile games
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.