Lead Product Manager – Star Wars
Product Management (Brighton-UK, London-UK)
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are looking for a Lead or Senior Product Manager to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You will use a combination of analytical abilities, business discernment, and critical thinking to innovate and build outstanding experiences that will affect our players’ lives. You will have a consistent record of owning and delivering experiences to players that raise-the-bar from an innovation, usability, and design perspective whilst thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Work closely with a multi-disciplined team (Design, Art, Programming & Analytics) to craft, scope and implement core features that result in an outstanding gameplay experience for our players and positively inflect metrics
- Support the leadership team in defining and iterating upon the game’s business strategy to build a robust product roadmap for development and post-launch live operations
- Drive user and competitive research, driving the usage of core game technology, and ensure that product decisions are based on in-depth data analysis and an understanding of the market
- Effectively champion product vision & strategy, monitor product progression through completion of milestones and partner with other parts of the organisation including Central Analytics and Product Marketing
- Build knowledge and understanding of data driven insights within the rest of the team through regular communication and the creation of meaningful dashboards and reports
- Be a player champion!
Required Skills & Experience
- Product Management experience in free-to-play game development, with a consistent track record in running live operations
- Ability to build wire-frames, product specifications and white papers
- Exceptional data analysis skills, coupled with advanced Excel and SQL proficiency
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive staff
- Strong passion for games, creating fun, compelling and addictive user experiences
- Outstanding written and oral communication
- Strong organisational and analytical skills, as well as excellent attention to detail
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of mid-core, action and combat games
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Previous experience with new game development through to worldwide launch
- Experience with shipping/handling games on multiple platforms
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays, 2 paid personal days
- 6 months of fully paid maternity/adoption leave or 16 weeks of fully paid paternity leave (eligibility criteria apply)
- Pension plan with a double matching employer contribution (capped at 8%)
- Private medical insurance, dental insurance and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, accident insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Company Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (eligibility criteria apply)
- Fitness Reimbursement plan worth £600 per annum
- Charitable Giving Platform to which the Company contributes a 2:1
- Annual season ticket advance and cycle to work scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.