Lead Graphics Engineer – Star Wars
We are looking for Lead Graphics Engineer to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
We are seeking a Graphics (Rendering) Lead Engineer with deep graphics programming experience to join our world-class team, and lead our charge in bringing AAA visuals to life on mobile and Switch. We are seeking individuals who proactively contribute solutions themselves and also inspire ideas from others. We have small and agile teams, so you will thrive working in these environments as we grow.
You will have a deep passion for building sophisticated software systems, a devotion to engineering craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work positively impact tens of millions of people worldwide
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead our graphics and rendering technical team, becoming point person for anything graphics related on Hunters
- Write well crafted, efficient and testable code in C++ and HLSL/GLSL for Vulkan, DirectX, OpenGL and Metal
- Tackle problems across rendering, optimization, tooling development, and making beautiful visuals run smoothly on a wide range of devices
- Bring a proven understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and memory/performance optimization
- Mentor and manage 3-4 graphics programmers and help them deepen their expertise and grow their careers
- Strive for excellence in software craftsmanship, and collaborate with peers to improve software design
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains
- Have fun; we’re making games!
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven experience as a console or PC software game developer
- Experience leading a team, managing others, and/or setting technical direction for your domain
- Strong C++ and shader language programming and debugging experience
- Experience working with current graphics algorithms and hardware
- Debugging a wide range of graphical issues
- Unreal Engine experience or an equivalent proprietary game engine
- Excellent problem solving and strong interpersonal skills
What do we offer? (Benefit vary depending on location)
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Take-Two stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
**Remote work from an alternate location could be considered**
HIRING UPDATE: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.