General Manager – Racing
Studio Management & Business Operations (London-UK)
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our Racing Studio - responsible for the CSR Racing franchise and the #1 Racing Game on Mobile CSR2 - is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. Based across three locations – London, Birmingham and Bangalore - the team loves welcoming diverse, humble, straightforward and ambitious talent, aspiring for award-winning excellence. People who want to find a place where they will be supported and encouraged to do the best work of their career.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
NaturalMotion Racing is looking for a General Manager to join our studio leadership team, leading the development and live operations of one of its Cross Platform, Free-to-Play businesses.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the business. With a cross functional leadership team of Directors running Design, Product, Production, Live Operations, & Engineering, you will focus on leading strategies & tactics that deliver quarterly and annual growth via feature releases, live operations and territorial expansion.
This is a remarkable role in a remarkable studio - a studio that puts people first and lives its values of Inclusivity; Honesty & Transparency; Owning Outcomes & Excellence. It would suit an ambitious leader who aspires to work with humble and talented developers on the leading mobile racing franchise in the world.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Own the Development and Live Operation of a single game
- Responsible for the predictability of their organisation, at leadership and team level
- A strategic, tactical and operational thinker, you will use extensive Leadership and Management skills, and business acumen, to engage the team in line with the studio’s values and to deliver growth
- Leverage the skills of NM Racing’s BAFTA Award Winning VP Art & DoP Growth, VP Engineering, Studio Design Director, & Senior Director of Product Development. This team will ensure resourcing and disciplines are there to help them win
- Drive engagement and positivity in the studio, inspiring by example
- Able to present confidently at Executive Levels, you will be able to engage junior talent through to Senior Corporate Executives
Required Experience & Skills
- Extensive game development experience, including mobile F2P
- Has led and delivered 3 or more games to market as GM/EP/DoP
- Understands the methodologies and approaches for running and live operating games at scale, including production, live operations and creative/design/UX ideation
- Prolific Gamer across Desktop, Console and Mobile Platforms
- Draws on inspirations and interests across the creative fields and a mature language around those inspirations to drive intelligent conversation and debate
- Exceptional visual and spoken communication skills
- An inspirational way of being with other people - motivates and inspires at an individual and team level
Desired Experience & Skills
- AAA games development experience
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.