Engineering Manager – Star Wars
Engineering (Brighton, East Sussex)
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager, Metagame to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You will have a passion for leading creative engineering teams and an unwavering commitment to excellence. You share our values of determination, trust and curiosity, and you celebrate and respect diversity of people and ideas. An advocate for our players and ensure they have a world-class experience in our games, and you want your work to positively impact tens of millions of people worldwide. It is more important to us that you understand what it takes to deliver great player experiences and build great teams than having a specific game technology background.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Build, lead, mentor and manage a team (5+ Engineers) focused on building metagame features in the social, store and player engagement domains
- Collaborate with product, design and central teams to specify and build incredible game features and development tools, unblocking the path for your engineers
- Recruit engineering talent in partnership with our Talent Acquisition team
- Build and execute development plans, create and deploy best-in-class process, and proactively identify and resolve issues in partnership with production
- Grow and mentor your team, earn their trust, advance their skills and their careers
- Contribute positively to the development culture at BossAlien, including working with our international team members and Austin studio, and creating a safe and inclusive environment for all
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains
- Have fun; we’re making games!
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Professional experience in leading software development for consumer focused products (preferably mobile, desktop, web and/or server applications)
- Track record of success in building and managing a team and delivering a software product to market; you have shipped multiple products/games
- A team player who is insatiably curious and strives for excellence
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.