Engineering Intern – Undergraduate
Internships, Accelerators & New Grads (London, London)
Start Date: July 2021
Duration: 6 months
Location: London, UK
Type internship: Undergraduate student (Placement between 2nd and 3rd year)
Closing application date: 22nd January 2021
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018, 2019 & 2020 NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Are you an undergraduate looking for an exciting, challenging and rewarding 6 month internship in the games industry? Then we want to hear from you.
Our London Racing Studio – responsible for the CSR Racing franchise – is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. The team loves welcoming credible talent full of Professional Pride; Ambition; and Humility, who want to do the best work of their career.
We are looking for a Gameplay Engineer Intern to join the NM Racing team in our growing London studio – working remotely for now.
The ideal candidate will have a deep passion for building game systems and interfaces, a devotion to engineering craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work positively impact tens of millions of people worldwide.
You will be joining a diverse team where every opinion is heard and you will have the chance to participate and influence the whole game.
- Collaborate with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify needs, evaluate requirements and design and implement software solutions
- Write well designed, efficient and testable code in C# for Unity
- Planning and implementation of tasks of small to medium scale
- Experience with Unity or another game engine
- Strive for excellence in software craftsmanship, and collaborate with peers to improve software design
- Desire to learn and share with their peers
- Good understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and memory/performance optimization
How to Apply?
Please apply with your CV, covering letter and a portfolio of work – this can be in the form of github/bitbucket links, personal projects, and/or open-source contributions, and should demonstrate both team and solo work.
Your covering letter should include:
- Why you would like to do an internship with NaturalMotion?
- Why have you chosen this specific internship?
What Do We Offer?
Experience in working hard and achieving targets whilst maintaining a good work-life balance
- Paid internship, working on a AAA project with a collaborative team that will share their experience with you
- A mentor during the full duration of your internship
- A diverse team of friendly and supportive co-workers
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Friday team lunch
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.