Senior Development Director – Racing
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past five years NaturalMotion Studios have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our Racing Studio - responsible for the CSR Racing franchise and the #1 Racing Game on Mobile, CSR2 - is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. Based across three locations – London, Birmingham and Bangalore - the team loves welcoming diverse, humble, straightforward and ambitious talent, aspiring for award-winning excellence. People who want to find a place where they will be supported and encouraged to do the best work of their career.
NaturalMotion is looking for a deeply experienced Senior Development Director, to lead a new, as yet unannounced, large-scale racing game development project.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
As our Senior Development Director, you will be responsible for leading, training, developing and overseeing the production function to support the teams developing and live operating a AAA cross-platform game at scale in a hybrid multi-location environment.
With a deep belief and proven competency in game production development principles and continuous improvement. A deep knowledge of the production lifecycle, you are able to develop individuals and teams to operate at exceptionally high standards. You will have numerous “tools in the toolbox” to allow you to solve complex production problems while continuing to move the team forward.
Required Experience & Skills
- Experience in game development, leadership and project management
- Delivered multiple games through early conceptualization phases to market balancing all stakeholder requirements to achieve quality, budgetary and plan goals
- Live Operations experience, either on console, PC or mobile
- Demonstrated experience in planning, budgeting, managing risks, driving delivery and organisational change
- Communicate with key stakeholders and all levels of the organisation
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Experience of AAA game development
- Release management for mobile and/or PC/Consoles
- Experience of building production scenarios and mitigation planning
- Planning and building multi-discipline teams
- Experience of building roadmaps, measuring project progress and providing robust, reliable plans to the team and stakeholders
- Solid Project Management/Production experience of teams or sub-teams within a complex, cross-discipline environment
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence), Airtable, Smartsheet, Perforce, Unity
- Experience managing external third party vendors
- Knowledge and practical experience in multiple Agile frameworks (SCRUM, Lean, Kanban and other). Knowledge of Scalable Agile Frameworks
- PMP/Prince2 knowledge
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays, 2 paid personal days
- 6 months of fully paid maternity/adoption leave or 16 weeks of fully paid paternity leave (eligibility criteria apply)
- Pension plan with a double matching employer contribution (capped at 8%)
- Private medical insurance, dental insurance and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, accident insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Company Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (eligibility criteria apply)
- Fitness Reimbursement plan worth £600 per annum
- Charitable Giving Platform to which the Company contributes a 2:1
- Annual season ticket advance and cycle to work scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.