Concept Artist – Star Wars IP
Art & User Experience (Brighton, East Sussex)
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last.
In 2018, 19, 20, NaturalMotion Studios was named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz. The awards were created to identify excellence in games industry employment and to help improve working conditions. We are extremely proud to be a winner alongside our industry colleagues and strive to constantly improve the working culture for our staff.
Summary and Purpose
We’re BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family, our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep, compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. As a key member of our concept team, you will have the opportunity to build exciting new concepts for the Star Wars universe as well as collaborating with a diverse team of experienced developers.
As a Concept Artist, you will be working as part of a dedicated team responsible for supporting BossAlien’s projects, visualizing and assisting the Art Director with establishing the game world and setting, and refining the details. This role will include Characters, Environments and marketing pieces.
Requirements For The Job:
- To work with the Art Director to maintain the vision and style of the game
- You have the ability to define the look & feel of a game through your concept art and have the personal and professional portfolio to prove it.
- You’re passionate about – character & environment design, art and culture.
- Ability to build outstanding and original concept characters in the required timeframe.
- You have an outstanding understanding of form and anatomy.
- You can drive a character concept’s evolution from rough concepts to a final tight production board.
- An outstanding portfolio which confirms that you have great knowledge of perspective, colour, lighting and composition
- Demonstrate good knowledge of, industrial design, graphical design and culture
- Demonstrate imaginative and innovative solutions and interpretations to game situations
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days plus Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Well stocked office kitchen and free lunch on Mondays
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.