Compliance QA – Racing
Quality Assurance (Birmingham-UK)
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past four years NaturalMotion Studios have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our Racing Studio - responsible for the CSR Racing franchise and the #1 Racing Game on Mobile CSR2 - is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. Based across three locations – London, Birmingham and Bangalore - the team loves welcoming diverse, humble, straightforward and ambitious talent, aspiring for award-winning excellence. People who want to find a place where they will be supported and encouraged to do the best work of their career.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
Working with the QA Manager for our Racing team, you will be responsible for evaluating software products through the use of detailed tests to apply and maintain quality standards as well as developing, modifying, and completing software test plans, automating scripts and programs for testing.
You will also analyse and write test standards and procedures, maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analysing those results to ensure existing functionality works as expected, recommending any corrective action; consults with development engineers in resolution of problems; and coordinates automation efforts with Zynga QA Ops.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain test strategies, regression plans, cross-feature plans, and test cases, encompassing manual, non-functional and automation.
- Build outstanding track record in communicating complicated technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Coach and mentor more junior team members
- Understand how software architecture influences the amount of testing needed, including optimizing tests that utilizes the same code paths.
- Maintain and update FAQs, and team wikis including information on team's process, tools, and scripts
- Experience working in a QA role, ideally working in a AAA games development environment.
- Exposure working with feature owners & project managers collecting feature requirements & defining acceptance criteria for new features
- Experienced with test design analyzing and prioritizing testing per feature - requirements > acceptance criteria > test scenarios
- Review early feature requirements to identify possible platform compliance risks
- Knowledge of release build submissions processes for various platform stores
- Exposure to test build distribution for various platforms
- Exposure to shift left testing practices
- Participated in Agile ceremonies & advocate for quality with your scrum team
- Ability to voice what QA needs to ensure end to end testing can happen effectively
- Creation of test cases (manual) to ensure good test coverage and regression suite for various different test layers - API, telemetry & UI
- Natural inquisitiveness to test beyond a plan
- Console or PC/Mac technical testing experience using dev kits
- Have a prior background or experience in testing of some or all the following technical areas: game design, art, graphics, data/analytics, performance, networking, security, platform compliance, agile testing
- Ability to adapt to new priorities and challenges and willing to learn new technology & tools
- Working with various disciplines to assist with gathering & defining feature requirements
- QA planning & reporting experience to manage & communicate to reduce risks during STLC
- Experience with Unreal/Unity or other gaming engines
Would be nice to have
- BDD experience
- Knowledge of SQL for writing complex queries to verify data
- Exposure to web request/API testing (Charles Proxy or Fiddler)
- Exposure to compliance testing
- Strong working knowledge of test tools and reporting, such as JIRA & TestRail
- Extensive experience collaborating with offsite and/or outsourced QA teams, ideally at a development studio
- Exposure to source control systems (such as Git, SVN, Perforce)
- Any live ops/customer support experience
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid parental leave or 3 months fully paid parental leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a diverse and dedicated workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.