Community Manager – Star Wars
Marketing & User Acquisition (London-UK)
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our at NaturalMotion Games studios, renowned for making games that wow people. For the past for years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
As Community Manager, you’ll act as a vital conduit between the studio and our community for the recently announced Star Wars™: Hunters. You’ll spend your time building strong relationships with players and using their feedback to help guide our internal development efforts. With social and community playing a vital role in the game’s approach to marketing, you will be responsible for our player-focused community outreach as the game’s voice to our players.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Planning social and community campaigns and initiatives
- Managing the approval process for all campaigns, initiatives, and assets
- Scheduling and posting of social and community content
- Analysing and reporting back on campaign and channel performance
- Monitoring social trends and incorporating findings into planned campaigns and initiatives
- Planning and briefing all asset creation, ensuring alignment with wider Marketing activity
- Planning and hosting regular live streams
- Day to day community management of our players and associated social channels
- Regular reporting to the wider organization on current community trends and sentiment
- Participation in discussions with studio teams, bringing the voice of our players to these conversations
- Working closely with our moderation team to help support customer support
- To be an active participant in team/studio meetings giving key social/player insights when required
Required Skills & Experience
- Community management/social media marketing experience, ideally within the games industry
- Experience in planning, creating and launching successful social campaigns with proven results
- Deep understanding and experience of social platforms such as Twitch, YouTube and Discord
- Highly organised, with the ability to manage dozens of tasks at once
- Ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs
- Excellent writing skills
- An interest in video/mobile games and passion fro the Star Wars brand
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.