Art Outsource Manager – Star Wars
Art & Animation (Brighton-UK)
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for Associate Art/Art Outsource Manager to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunterswill bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You will work with the Art Directors, Leads and the Production team to supervise the creation and completion of art content, ensuring the overall artistic vision of the game . In this role, you will be responsible for supervising the delivery of outsourced assets and submissions to the IP holder. You will ensure Art demands are met on time and to schedule without sacrificing the high-quality ethos of the studio and are delivered in support of design and technical requirements.
You must be flexible, highly motivated and conscientious in a role that will see you harmonize with all fields. Your keen eye for detail and production experience will allow you to identify project risks and dependencies, proposing solutions where issues emerge.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining the outsource pipeline
- Working with the relevant Artists to collate art materials
- OS vendor management and IP client relations
- Supervise, lead & evaluate outsource process from hand over to final delivery
- Support the Game Art Director’s vision
- Manage and communicate the flow of assets to vendors
- Marking up images to accompany text feedback
- Crafting presentations, and status reports
- Creating specs and Work Orders for Outsource
- Identify inconsistencies and opportunities for improvement within the creative process
- Highlight potential risks associated with IP assets art tasks and requests. Also, ensure detailed documentation is completed where appropriate
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in working with outsource partners
- Experience working in a team that has provided effective and constructive feedback
- Experience in how to maintain visual consistency throughout the development
- A good understanding of art, design and technical fundamentals
- Good Photoshop knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills both written and verbal
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience in leading a team
- Traditional art skills (drawing, sculpting, painting)
- Passion for games and Star Wars
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.