Animator – Star Wars
Art & Animation (Brighton-UK, London-UK)
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past four years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
You will be working as part of a dedicated in-house team responsible for building amazing animations that wow our players and partners. Working in a highly motivated team you will have an opportunity to develop and share your skills, learn from experienced peers and collaborate with modellers and concept artists to craft amazing characters.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
As an Animator you will be working closely with the rest of the team to create high-quality character animations. You will be responsible for creating consistent levels of work and ensuring that each animation has the right energy and personality, as intended by the project vision.
- Good knowledge in hand keyed and motion captured animation.
- Knowledge in game engine implementation.
- Understand core principles of animation such as ‘timing’ and ‘weight’.
- Good understanding of human and animal body mechanics and anatomy.
- Passionate about – and have good knowledge of animation, art and culture.
- An excellent portfolio which demonstrates your ability to create excellent game animations and validates that you have a good knowledge of animation creation in different styles.
- Genuine passion for games and animation as well as strong self-management skills.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers and producers to ensure consistent product vision.
- Identify production and pipeline issues and communicate them appropriately.
- Participate in reviews; respond to critical feedback in a professional manner and contribute feedback to your peers.
Required Experience & Skills
- Experience working as a 3D animator in games.
- Strong proficiency with Maya.
- Experience in cleaning up motion capture data.
- Self-Organised and willing to participate in team meetings.
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Knowledge of Unreal Blueprint system.
- Working with external teams.
- A Passion for Games.
- A liking for the Star Wars brand.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.