Use Morpheme 7 to bring unified character performances to your game. Full pipeline support for blend shapes and float channels combined with rich visualisation and debugging tools make it simple to seamlessly combine facial animation with full body movement within a familiar intuitive user interface. Use Morpheme Dynamics to incorporate physically realistic secondary motion to attachments, ponytails and clothing without relying on a global physics engine. Simply drop in the node into your network, just as you would with IK or other procedural animation, and the integrated Morpheme Dynamics solver will calculate the motion of the authored chain of joints. Optimise and simplify Morpheme assets by using Static Analysis to examine the structure of networks and provide feedback and solutions to common issues. This flexible system and be easy customised and extended to detect and solve problems that are specific to your project. Specialised, light-weight State Machines provide optimal performance when running crowds of characters. This, combined with the stripped back runtime architecture takes the best advantage of current hardware, improving in-game performance and memory usage. Morpheme continues to provide support for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android and iOS. Morpheme is also integrated with Nvidia® PhysX™, Havok™ Physics, and Unreal® Engine® 4. Note: When running Morpheme on last generation hardware and for titles using Unreal® Engine 3, we recommend using Morpheme version 6, which will continue to be supported. Talk to our sales team now about Morpheme.
NEW FEATURES IN V7
- Intuitive user interface tools for creating, previewing and debugging facial animations
- Extensive blend shape support across all viewports
- Ability to drive IK and game logic by populating animations with float channel data.
- Multiple viewports for comparing characters from different aspects.
- Debug texturing support makes it easier to debug skinning issues.
- Viewport lighting scripts can enhance character preview.
- Optimal performance when working with scenes containing large numbers of characters by using specialised lightweight nodes.
- Static analysis examines and provides feedback and solutions to help improve the network.
- Simulate physics on joint chains within a character using a Dynamic Joint Chain node to quickly animate joint chain motion such as hair and attachments.
- Runtime performance optimised for current x64 architectures.
"Animation in zero gravity being such a critical part...we relied upon Morpheme's flexibility"Jaakko Haapasalo
"Black Rock Studio has stuffed the game to the max with vertigo-inducing jumps peppered with ludicrously gratifying tricks and spills"T3 Magazine
NaturalMotion is creating the next-generation of mobile games and animation technology that will redefine the industry.
If you want to push the boundaries of believable characters and work on the cutting-edge of gaming, we want to hear from you.
If you are interested in working for NaturalMotion, but don't see a vacancy listed which matches your skills and experience we would still like to receive a speculative application from you.
We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies.