If you’re an ambitious undergraduate or post-graduate and are interested in working in next-generation mobile gaming, then you should consider spending your summer with us.
Intern positions are available within our talented Analytics, Art, Creative, Production, Programming and Software Development teams.
You’ll work autonomously and collaboratively in developing and executing your ideas whilst learning about cutting-edge technology, character design and industry models. You’ll also have a huge amount of fun in the process – this is gaming after all!
During your 3 month internship at NaturalMotion you will:
- Deliver a top quality and creative project for implementation into a product or in support of one of our existing or in-development titles
- Work closely with a mentor who will guide and support you through the Internship Programme and help you to develop your skills and knowledge
- Meet and work with a range of NaturalMotion employees from different disciplines who will share their experiences of the games and technology industry with you
- Get an exclusive insight into, and get to work on, unannounced in-development projects and find out why we are all so incredibly excited about the year ahead
- Share your experience with other interns and return to your course with friends and a strong network for your future career
- Get to work in games!
Apply for our Internship Programme 2017 and help us to push the boundaries of immersive, cutting-edge mobile gaming.
Applications Open – 21 November 2016 to 24 March 2017
We will only consider applications made in the right format and received by us during our application window (between 17 December 2015 and 21 March 2016) so make sure that you check the application requirements and apply in time to be considered! We won’t review applications that have missed the boat.
Internship Programme Dates – July 2017 to September 2017
Our Internship Programme 2017 takes place over the summer between the 3 July 2017 and 29 September 2017. Before you make your application, please check that you are available to attend during this period
To qualify for the Internship Programme, you’ve got to be a full-time student in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree programme and remain a full-time student the semester after the Internship Programme ends. You must be able to demonstrate that you are eligible to work in the UK. If you have already graduated or are graduating soon, please check out our full-time openings on the Careers page.
Application is by CV and covering letter, and in some cases, by code or art portfolio samples too. Please ensure you review each relevant intern spec’s application section in detail. You can review and apply for Internship Programme positions through our Careers page when applications open on 21 November 2016.
Please take time to put together a well-executed application that can be submitted electronically. We want to be wowed! Feel free to do that. We want to know why you’re interested in NaturalMotion and why you’d make a great addition to our team, but most importantly, we want to see what makes you special.
If you are considering a career in Analytics, impress us with your data modelling skills, insights and interpretations. If you have a passion for creating cutting-edge tools and middleware and are interested in becoming a Software Developer show us some of your code! Do you want to be a Games Programmer? We’d love to see your modding experience or hear about the Gamejams that you may have been involved in. CVs should be clear and outline your education, work experience, voluntary positions and interests. Get your friend to proof read your application – we hate typos and sloppiness.
Once you’ve applied…
If your application makes us want to scooter around the office shouting ‘hurrah!’ then we’ll be in touch by email to arrange a face-to-face interview that will take place on a date between 18 April 2016 and 6 May 2016. Please keep an eye on your inbox and spam folder. During your interview, we’ll ask you about your skills, knowledge, interests, insights, career plans and of course; passion for games.
- Creating products that millions of people enjoy is hard work, but we do have fun as well! As an intern, you’ll get to experience both sides of this brilliant industry.
- Social events galore! Get involved in Happy Hour on a Friday, do something fun with your team and attend the monthly intern social event. Most importantly, you’ll get to go to the NaturalMotion summer party where our Oxford, Brighton and London studios come together for a big knees-up!
- Ever wondered about other disciplines and roles? Spend a ‘day in the life of’ a team member from another discipline and learn all about their role at NaturalMotion.